Molly Keyser has been a business owner for 17 years. Her first business was a photography studio. It was a massive success and other photographers started asking her how she did it, so she decided to package her knowledge into digital products. Those digital products turned into a $2M per year business and next people started asking her how she did that.
Today Molly helps business owners add passive digital products to their businesses so they can stop trading their time for money and help even more people by sharing their knowledge with the world! Molly currently lives in New Mexico with her husband Aaron, and dog Franklin. You can often find them camping in the mountains, road-tripping the southwest, or traveling Europe.
Here’s what Molly and I discussed in this episode regarding passive income and social media:
- How a bad experience motivated Molly to really help others with her products
- Where to start if you are new to the digital product realm
- It’s not just about creating a product to create a product; it’s about solving a problem
- Molly’s transition from photographer to educator
- Figuring out where you are going to grow your following so you have an audience to sell your digital products to
- Molly’s strategy to use YouTube, freebies, and her email list to grow her business
- Molly’s thoughts on utilizing ads
- Can an online course be your first digital product?
- Molly’s life-changing course creation tips
A few highlights from this episode:
- “I genuinely like helping people and want to put out products that actually get people a result, and I think that has been the #1 driver of my success over the years with digital products.”
- If you can templatize something that you have already created, that’s going to be the easiest place to start for creating digital products.
- The money is in solving problems and getting people results.
- Start with building an organic audience (don’t just rely on ads!)
Connect with Molly on Instagram @mollymkeyser to learn more about creating and passively selling your own digital products. Be sure to also check out Molly’s YouTube or grab freebies from her website.
Personal branding can help you grow your business! Join my email list to get weekly tips for how to start building your personal brand today. Join the fun here!
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!