I love talking about mini sessions! We chatted in episode 50 about last year’s mini session day where I made $5000. It’s fun to come back again each year and share about what went well, what didn’t, and what I would change.
For background, I offer mini sessions typically once a year where clients can choose between a brand mini session or a headshot mini session. I’m sharing today about how this year’s mini session day went, how I made 2K more than I did last year, and other mini session tips. Here are the main things discussed in this episode:
- Mini session overview and pricing/upselling info
- What I love about mini sessions
- Things I did differently this year
- How I utilized my waitlist and built it throughout the year
- Why I’m considering making my mini session day a bi-annual event
- Utilizing more than just Instagram to sell my mini sessions
- Why the mini sessions were easy to sell
- Inviting people to book and reaching out to potential clients
- Pricing rundown
- How I changed my marketing strategies this year
- Promoting through the entire launch (up until the very last minute!)
A few highlights from this episode:
[5:35] – It is a really good deal. That also makes it extremely easy for me to sell. And that’s kind of the point of mini sessions!
[8:04] – By the time I launched, I had over 100 people on my waitlist.
[9:50] – I do think a lot of why the mini sessions sell as well as they do is because there’s scarcity. There’s 25 spots a year. They’re offered once a year.
[15:00] – Everyone needs a mini session. Everyone needs a bomb photo of themselves that makes them feel good.
Free 5 day mini course all about making the move to brand photography here!
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!