Kat is the CEO and lead strategist at Social Kat Media, a social media agency based in Ontario, Canada. Kat believes social media should be FUN and works with businesses to alleviate the stress social media can cause.
A mom of two kids, ages 1 and 4, Kat keeps it real on social media, talking openly about mental health and parenting. She brings this point of view into her business, helping business owners set up boundaries and healthy relationships with social media.
Here’s what Kat and I discussed in this episode regarding social media:
- How Kat got started in social media
- How Kat approaches the “I hate social media” mindset
- Don’t underestimate the relationships that social media brings
- Setting boundaries with social media for our business
- Business hours with social media
- Dealing with comparison and showing up how you want to
- Kat’s opinion on being ‘Team Unfollow’ too
- Stepping away from Instagram when creating content
- Is an aesthetic feed important?
- Repurposing content and why you need to be doing it
A few highlights from this episode:
- It might be time to evaluate what your intentions and expectations are when it comes to social media.
- Turn off notifications for Instagram! That way you are choosing to go into the app versus the app telling you.
- Move your phone into a different room. It’s a simple tip but can help reduce your phone usage!
- Remember that social media is a highlight of people’s lives.
- Make sure your feed reflects your brand.
Be sure to connect with Kat on social media @socialkatmedia to continue learning about making social media fun again.
Personal branding can help you grow your business! Join my email list to get weekly tips for how to start building your personal brand today. Join the fun here!
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!