Carly, a.k.a Carl, is a graphic designer and an expert in all things brand design. She designed my website and completely rocked it. And ever since then, I have gone back to her more design work (social media templates, the podcast, branding for the coaching side of my business, and more). She knows how to get inside the head of the brand she is creating for and relay their message and mission so well.
In this episode, we discuss brand design, brand strategy, and specifically how to go about choosing brand colors for your business. Here are some of the main items I chatted with Carly about:
- Carly’s VIP days
- Creating your business to fit your life, and not the other way around
- How to know when it’s a good time to invest in your brand
- Starting with strategy and a map for your brand
- How Carly isn’t afraid of color and attracting the right people through color
- Where to start when developing your visual brand and brand colors
- Carly’s take on brand color rules (how many colors can I have? top tier colors?)
- How to make sure things look good together but also when standing alone
- Keeping parts of your business separate or together
- Some of Carly’s favorite projects lately
- What having a personal brand means to Carly
A few highlights from this episode:
[7:39] – I can create my business to fit my lifestyle. I do not have to fit into a certain structure.
[9:11] – You need to start with strategy first, always and forever.
[14:36] – If your brand were to walk into a room, how do you want people to talk about it? What kinds of things do you want people to be feeling about your brand and working with you?
Connect with Carly on her website or on social @ _hey.carl_.
Personal branding can help you grow your business! Join my email list to get weekly tips for how to start building your personal brand today. Join the fun here!
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!