Taylor de la Fuente is an award-winning writer on a mission to help creatives take over the world. As the CEO of Lemon Tree Editorial — a boutique copywriting agency for creatives — Taylor and her team write bold, inclusive copy that sells their clients’ services for them. Ready to cyber-stalk her? Head over to lteditorial.com.
In this episode, Taylor shares about your “special sauce” and how to use that to grow your business. After listening to this episode, I believe you’ll know how to update your marketing funnel and website to attract more dream clients to your service-based business.
Here are the main items discussed in this episode:
- How Taylor got started in copywriting
- Stepping into your confidence and how copy can help with that
- How it takes time to find your special sauce and business interests
- Taylor’s special sauce and three ways to find yours
- Questions to ask yourself to discover your special sauce
- How asking your clients can help you discover what makes your business unique and stand out
- Using your business besties and peers to get an outside perspective on what makes you different to discover your special sauce
- Taking that information and then starting at the bottom of your funnel to update things
- Taylor’s tips for updating your website
- What personal branding means to Taylor
A few highlights from this episode:
[5:41] – Copywriting is an exercise in self-confidence.
[6:11] – Especially when it comes to business, we want to be telling people what makes us awesome.
[13:21] – Start with your rant pants on because things that frustrate you come flowing out.
[29:29] – Once you rewrite your website, you can copy and paste little pieces of words that you wrote and put them other places. No need to reinvent the wheel.
I love the tangible tips Taylor mentioned that you can start doing right now! If you want to connect with her, you can find her on Instagram @lteditorial.
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!