Amanda is an ex-accountant out of Brookings, SD, where she lives with her husband and three young kiddos. She has a love for fast talking, making new friends and helping others not feel lost. She owns a consulting business, In-House Ally, where she uses her accounting background and unique strengths to help business owners make better decisions and ultimately comes alongside them as an ally.
Here are some of the things I discuss with Amanda today:
- How Amanda got to where she is at with her career and owning her own business
- Why she labels herself as an ex-accountant
- How Amanda got clear on her branding and mission to reach her ideal client (and stop doing people’s tax returns!)
- When client’s typically come to work with Amanda
- Finding what method and finance system works best in your business
- Dealing with the feeling of shame around finances
I love when people like Amanda can take something seemingly overwhelming like finances and break it down to be understandable and digestible for your business. I hope you enjoy the conversation!
A few highlights from this episode:
[6:04] Part of building my own business was trying to find a way where my unique strengths matched what was needed in the industry.
[32:49] We often get to a point we just want a plug-and-play solution… and as skilled as that person is, I still have to also do my hard work because I’m the one who knows my business and I still have to have input on this.
I loved chatting with Amanda to dive into this side of business, and I hope you guys enjoyed it as well. You can connect with Amanda on Instagram @inhouseally or at her website https://www.in-houseally.com. If you are looking to work with Amanda, she offers a variety of services including one-on-one business consulting and mentoring, tailored to your needs, and also a Quickbooks Online Remodel.
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!