It sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. I promise!
It’s no secret I’m slightly obsessed with using Instagram to grow my personal brand.
But that doesn’t mean your girl isn’t out there trying to save as much time as possible when creating content.
Like you, I have a business to run. Clients to serve. Kids who are sometimes unexpectedly home from daycare for an entire month! 🤪 Not to mention a husband I love to hang out with and One Tree Hill episodes that are always calling my name.
A life to live, if you will.
So, even though Instagram is my jam, I can’t spend hours and hours each week creating content—specifically video content (AKA- Reels).
That’s why today I’m sharing with you…
My system for batch creating 5 Instagram Reels in one hour or less.
Ready? Let’s do this!
1. Set a date and time on your calendar for when you’re going to create your Reels. This might seem kind of obvious, but you have to make the time to have the time, right?
2. A day or two before, spend a ½ hour or so browsing through other people’s Reels. Did she just tell me to scroll for work? You bet I did.
3. When you find a Reel that has audio you like, save that audio! This is so easy. Simply open the Reel, tap on the bottom left of your screen where it says Original Audio, and then hit Save Audio.
You did it!
Another option: You can also save the entire Reel (not just the audio). That way, you can look back on the Reel later on and remember how the audio and video worked together. To save someone else’s Reel, open the Reel, tap the three little dots on the right-hand side of your screen, and hit Save.
4. As you’re scrolling, save 10-15 audio clips from Reels that you like and would consider replicating. Don’t get too hung up on this part. If you only find five —cool! If you save 25, also very cool.
Remember: The goal is to find Reels audio that you like and that you could see yourself using, too.
5. On your Reels creation day, open your saved audios. You can do this by going to your Instagram profile, tapping the three lines at the top right of your screen, and then clicking Saved.
Here, you’ll see all your bookmarked audios, Reels, and any other posts you’ve saved.
6. Go through your saved audio selections and choose five that you want to use to create your Reels today. If you need to jog your memory on how a certain audio can pair with video, check out your saved Reels for inspiration.
7. When you’re ready to record a Reel, simply open the saved audio of your choice and tap Use Audio. This will take you to the Reels editor, where you can film and edit your Reel with the audio selected.
- Schedule your Reels creation time for a day when you can be camera-ready. (Whatever that means to you—hair/makeup done, wearing an outfit you feel confident in, etc.)
- Create your Reels when you know you’ll be alone in your home or office and won’t be interrupted.
- Always, always make sure you save your Reel to Instagram and your camera roll as a backup. There’s nothing worse than spending time making a video only to lose it. To do this, just click the download arrow at the top of your screen.
You guys, that’s it! This is the exact method I use to batch about 5 Reels in just one hour—sometimes less.
Separating the time spent searching for Reels inspiration from the time spent creating your Reels takes out so much of the overwhelm and saves you oodles of time when you sit down to film.
Any questions? Leave them in the comments!
Wanna learn even more about creating better Instagram content to grow your personal brand? Check out InstaBranding Insiders.