Dawn is a software engineer turned wedding photographer who has a passion for helping Creatives create a thriving business. Technology can be intimidating, and it’s Dawn’s goal to make tech fun and easy to understand. She will show you how systems, tools and other technology can take your business to the next level while achieving that balance you’ve always dreamed of. Here are the main things discussed in this episode:
- How Dawn’s passion for photography helped her launch Tech Savvy Creative
- Building a robust file system and where to start for creating your own backup system
- Why you need systems that automatically back things up
- Setting up automations within your business, starting with a scheduler
- A mistake Dawn sees creatives make with their online scheduler
- Using email scheduling to help set boundaries with clients
- Utilizing your website to answer frequently asked questions
- Creating your own text shortcuts
- Using CRMs to put a boundary between you and the client
A few highlights from this episode:
[4:57] – Sometimes it’s just the little ah-ha moments that could make a huge difference, especially when it comes to tech stuff.
[16:32] – If you set yourself up and your system up where you have to drag and drop your files every time you want to back things up, you’re going to miss something or you’re going to forget or it’s going to be too late. You have to have a system that does this automatically.
[18:59] – The reason why I feel like schedulers are so important and should be used in all situations is because it shows the other person that your time is valuable, and it shows the other person that your time is limited.
[24:37] – Another way you can utilize a tool that you probably already have in your business is by utilizing your website to answer questions.
If you want to connect with Dawn to learn other amazing tech tips, you can find her on social media @techsavvycreative. She also has a challenge called Spring Clean Your Tech that you can sign up for here!
This episode is sponsored by Dubsado. Dubsado has been my assistant before I could afford to hire an assistant, and even 10 years later as my team has grown, it continues to keep us organized and sane. If you’re ready to up-level the back end of your business and make your life a whole lot easier, you can get 20% off your first month or year with the code MADDIEPESCHONG here.
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!