Jade Boyd is a brand photographer and business coach who helps creative entrepreneurs simplify and scale their service-based businesses with a combination of smart marketing strategies and seamless systems.
Jade fell in love with entrepreneurship while earning her BBA in entrepreneurship and her MBA in Marketing at the University of Iowa. She’s passionate about helping creative entrepreneurs find a way to pursue big goals without sacrificing the things that matter most to them.
Jade lives in Iowa City with her husband Caleb, and they’re currently doing a DIY remodel on their mid-mod cabin in the woods – which keeps things interesting to say the least! Jade is also an enneagram one with a not-so-secret obsession with all things planning and planners and in her free time you can find her reading personal development and business books, scouting for new local restaurants and coffee shops, or working on her next interior design project.
I have lived getting to know Jade over the years through my mastermind group coaching program, on a business owner level, and also as a friend. Jade is multi-passionate, determined, and wise in so many areas, and I love learning from her.
Her drive to help bring some order to business chaos is amazing, and we really dove into that in this episode. Here are some of the things I discussed with Jade in this episode:
- Jade’s laundry list of interests and ideas when starting her business and how she settled on photography
- About Jade’s recent pivot in her business
- Coming into alignment in your business (and getting through the messy middle)
- The unrealistic perception of productivity and the ebb and flow of it
- About ClickUp and how it can help you make better decisions about what needs to get done
- Task management softwares and the overwhelm with them
- Jade’s ClickUp template and how it can help you get started
- Clarifying the goals for your business
- Automating and streamlining within your services
- Collecting all your thoughts and to-do’s and getting them out of your head and onto paper
- Challenges for productivity and boundaries as an entrepreneur
A few highlights from this episode:
[8:02] – I do really love investing in other people and developing their strengths and helping them make decisions.
[8:47] – I’m a very strategic thinker, so I really enjoy thinking about who’s the ideal client, what are we trying to do here, what is the result at the end of the session that we’re trying to get. And that’s the part that really lights me up that I can talk about for hours.
[12:49] – I think there’s this kind of unrealistic perception about productivity and how much people get done behind the scenes. And just because they are getting something great done doesn’t mean there’s 10 other things they decided not to do.
[17:31] – Oftentimes I think people underestimate what they can do in a year, but they really overestimate what they can do in a day.
[22:57] – I feel like the simplest tools are often the best because they are the easiest to use. You won’t use a tool if you’re overwhelmed by it.
This was a great conversation with Jade! If you want some help to get your week in order, to-do’s out of your head, and to add a little order to your business, you can grab Jade’s Weekly Review Checklist, or check out her ClickUp template.
You can also connect with Jade on social @jadeboyd.co or check out her podcast, The Business Minimalist Podcast.
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!