I have had the privilege of having Paige, of The Legal Paige, on the podcast before (episode 18), and she is back again to share about clauses that your contracts may be missing. Paige is a wealth of knowledge in this area, and I’m so excited for this conversation.
Here are the main things we discussed in this episode:
- How Paige helps bridge the gap between creatives/small businesses and legality
- Where the law is at in regards to small businesses and online industries
- As your business and client experiences change, your contracts may need to change too
- Getting a communication clause into your contract (to address ghosting!)
- Harassment clause (even for online/virtual harassment)
- Paige’s take on bad reviews and addressing them
- Non-disparagement clauses and where they belong
- The Legal Paige’s shop and how it can help you get started with adding contracts into your business (or update current contracts) and get more legally legit – plus her Black Friday sale details!
A few highlights from this episode:
[10:39] – It is an evolution. It is a journey, not a destination, especially with contracts.
[16:03] – If you have had issues with clients communicating with you and/or completely ghosting you, you need to have a plan in place in your contracts for what that looks like.
[23:31] – You don’t want to be making this up as you go. That’s always what I’m trying to prevent you from doing. Of course things are going to happen, and you are going to have to figure out legally how to move forward. But if you have some of these clauses that will protect you in those types of situations in your contract, it’s really going to serve you well, and you’re going to feel more empowered.
[32:16] – I really want you to be empowered to be your own legal department.
Paige is such an expert in this area, and I guarantee she has resources on her website that could help you in your business today. She also shares a lot of free information and education on her website, social media, YouTube, TikTok, podcast, etc. – find her at The Legal Paige in all of those locations.
The Legal Paige contract shop: Get in on their Black Friday sale (40% discount already applied on the website), plus use code MADDIE10 for an extra $10 off to get contracts to get you legally legit. *This code for additional $10 off is only valid during the sale (November 21-28) and will be deactivated starting November 29.
Some of the best conversations happen after the show in my private Facebook group, Take It Personally Podcast. Click here to join in!